Yio Remote Community

About the YIO Remote

Y|O Remote (Touchscreen)

First of all, I welcome you all to the Y|O Remote community. Y|O stands for Your I/O (Input / Output). The idea of this project is to help users to achieve an even better Home Automation experience. This remote is unique to this platform for various reasons, such as:

• It’s Open Source (Github);
  • This remote is specifically designed for your Smart Home platform;
  • Provides you an intuitive, user friendly interface with actual status feedback;
  • OTA updates to your remote;
  • Easily manage your lights, blinds, media players, heating systems and other sensors

And there’s much more to come…

This remote will help you to quickly manage all of the above without you having to carry a tablet around connected to your dashboard, stand up to your wall mounted interface or go to your computer to manage it. Some even use their Smart Phone as their remote, but it’s often not the best way to manage your Home Automation. It can take many steps and thus time to achieve a simple task like turning your lights on or off. This is where Your I/O Remote will come in handy!

Current YIO Remote features

• 3.5" 480x800px high resolution capacitive touchscreen
  • customizable physical buttons
  • battery monitoring
  • proximity/ambient light/gesture sensor
  • haptic motor for haptic feedback
  • Qi wireless charging
  • docking station

Current supported home automation hubs

• Home Assistant

Supported devices

• Lights
  • Blinds
  • Heating
  • Media players

Software

The YIO Remote is Open Source and published on Github. This page is divided into two sections: software and hardware.

Discord

Do you want to just chat with us? Feel free to join our Discord Server: https://discord.gg/zGVYf58

1 Like