Yio Remote Community

Erased dock flash, now dead?

I had some trouble with the dock, basically the same problem as in Troubleshooting - Dock. I did install platformio, downloaded dock-software and built it.

Building in release mode
Retrieving maximum program size .pio/build/esp32dev/firmware.elf
Checking size .pio/build/esp32dev/firmware.elf
Advanced Memory Usage is available via "PlatformIO Home > Project Inspect"
RAM:   [==        ]  18.9% (used 61836 bytes from 327680 bytes)
Flash: [========  ]  76.4% (used 1501688 bytes from 1966080 bytes)

But it didn’t seem to flash it? Tried erase the flash, and the LED stoped blinking (supposed it should thou). The problem now is that I can’t find the COM port anymore when I connect it to the USB, had it on /dev/ttyUSB0 before. Maybe it was a bad idea to erase it?! Played with Arduino board before, but never had the COM post disappear for me.

This is the output from when i erased the flash.

esptool.py v2.6
Found 1 serial ports
Serial port /dev/ttyUSB0
Connecting…_
Detecting chip type… ESP32
Chip is ESP32D0WDQ5 (revision 1)
Features: WiFi, BT, Dual Core, 240MHz, VRef calibration in efuse, Coding Scheme None
MAC: 24:6f:28:3f:cd:94
Uploading stub…
Running stub…
Stub running…
Erasing flash (this may take a while)…
Chip erase completed successfully in 8.8s
Hard resetting via RTS pin…

False alarm, was something with my laptop :slightly_smiling_face: After a reset I got the COM port back. Although, I haven’t found out how I flash the firmware with platformio. It just build, and create the elf-file, but doesn’t seem to flash anything.

[EDIT] Forgot to set the target to upload :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, great that everything seems to work now :slight_smile:
If you have set up the dock firmware, it provides OTA capabilities, so you don’t need to plug it in every time you want to update it.

@marton It works pretty good, some bugs and and stuff, but that’s quite expected this early in the project :slight_smile: But I think this remote have a bright future if the development progress. Comparing to NEEO, the UI is heck of a lot better on YIO despite NEEO had an entire staff behind them. I coded some in C++, and tinkered a bit in Qt on my KDE laptop so I might dig into this and see if there’s anything I can do. Just attended a one year course on the university here in Halmstad, so might not have the time atm thou :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks! I also think there is potential in the project :wink: Any help is appreciated, but no stress. We’re constantly trying to improve the software.