Yio Remote Community

Preparing for Kickstarter

This topic serves as the comment section:
https://www.yio-remote.com/preparing-for-kickstarter

5 Likes

Please FFS just take my money!!

4 Likes

And mine ! Can’t wait for it to arrive !

1 Like

You can count me in as well :wink:

1 Like

Thank you guys for the support! :slight_smile:

Just created account (was only sniffing the topic before), count me also, very excited about this project. :hugs:

1 Like

Just a question, would the new Remote 2 software be compatible with the Remote 1 ?
For us owners who got the 1st version of the remote and never used it unfortunately, is it possible to still enjoy it at some point?
Thank you :slight_smile:

Yes, the software will be available for V1 remote (minus features that require new hardware), when Remote Two is shipped.

However we’ll have a special price for everyone who backed the first remote :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thats lovely, thank you Marton

1 Like

I’m so ready, want a black one. I gave up on V1 after not being able to make it do what I wanted. I’m back for V2 but this time with that OLED I wanted and fingers crossed for great roon integration.

2 Likes

Looks awesome @marton and team. Super excited. And definitely willing/happy to beta test. I have a past background in QA and currently work as developer so I have some experience in the area. I don’t have time to help with active development but would love to contribute in some way if I can.

1 Like

I am onboard :grin:
Already love that thing!!

1 Like

Great news!!
Cant wait!!!

1 Like

Yes please, I never got into using the v1, and it is just sitting on my desk. We still use the Neeo remote, and it has a high WAF, but would like something that can eventually replace it.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Very much interested in seeing how this pans out, given that Logitech are out of the universal market.

Payment card standing by!

C

1 Like

I have no knowledge about the differences between v1 and the upcoming v2 but I am curious about why you are not using v1 and what features that you see coming in v2 that will make you use it?

Never got the dock to connect to Wifi, also the software was unpolished and difficult to use.
And as mentioned we have the Neeo remote and it works still.
The new version looks to be more of a Ready to use product like the Neeo was.

1 Like

Looking forward to this. We use the Neeo remote, but there are signs it may die (display not activating properly, problems with battery life, etc.) soon. Since Logitech is not producing the Harmony Remotes any longer (they are ugly anyways), I hope YIO will be a worthy successor for my universal remote.

Thanks! We’re working hard to make it better! :slight_smile: At least Remote Two was designed to have a user replaceable battery, so in that regard we planned for a longer lifespan.

@sisk0 Main difference is that v1 was a DIY kit based on a Raspberry Pi and therefore the software also required more involvement. Remote Two is a finished product. No more assembly. We are completely rewriting the software as well to have a few-taps-and-done setup process (where we can), but leaving an open API there for those who still want to tinker.

Remote Two has completely new hardware: OLED display, days of battery life, MUCH better buttons (which are also backlit). Just to name a few things :slight_smile:

2 Likes