This is a placeholder topic to post about added features to the software. I’ll do my best to post all stuff that we add to the YIO Remote app.
Let’s call this first version 0.1 alpha. It has the following features:
- Home Assistant
- OpenHab (auth ok, rest is still under development)
- Light: turn on/off, dim, change color
- Blind: open/close, set position, stop
- Mini music player: pops up when any of the media players playing. Shows album art, artist, track and source. Can play/pause, previous/next and adjust volume
- battery state of charge update
- low battery warning
- automatic shutdown when voltage drops to minimum system requirements
- battery health
- battery level and power consumption graph
- screen on and off time statistics
- avoid charging/discharging battery when sitting on the dock
- automatic ambient light measurement and display brightness adjustment. Can be turned off.
- dark mode/light mode
- cleaning mode: turns off the display and touch so you can wipe the display off
- automatically checks for updates and notifies when update is available.
- automatic update: if turned on the remote updates itself between 03:00 and 05:00
- display dims after 15 seconds
- display goes to standby after 25 seconds
- wifi can be turned off after specified amount of time
- remote can be turned off after specified amount of time
- area detection: when rooms have assigned bluetooth beacons the remote automatically switches to the devices in that room
- menu can be rearranged
- notification system
- buttons adapt to current open device or panel: for example, if you have a light open the up and down arrows will dim the light. If you have media player playing the volume buttons will adjust the volume of the displayed player, etc.
- the remote detects as you reach towards it and turns on the display
- easy setup from start with your phone or computer via the remote’s wireless network
I hope I remembered all the stuff that is in the software so far