The Kickstarter campaign is soon sent to review, so if everything goes well it will be up and running next week. Before that, I wanted to give an update on some of the details that might be useful.
There will be 100 YIO Remote DIY kits available at start. If there is more demand, I will add more kits til a reasonable level, that I can handle.
A kit costs $330 + $30 shipping. Kits ship to EU(including UK, Switzerland), USA and Canada. The kit price includes VAT within EU, but import taxes and duties are not covered for backers outside the EU. If you will be making a pledge outside EU, you are responsible for paying these import taxes and fees.
What’s inside the kit?
- CNCd, bead blasted and black anodised housing for the remote and the dock
- 3D printed (SLS) back cover and charging port insert for the remote
- 3D printed (SLS) part for the dock to hold the remote
- Acrylic parts for the remote and dock
- LED diffuser acrylic for the dock
- Custom made rubber silicone buttons
- 480x800px high resolution LCD display
- PCBs for the remote and dock
- Haptic motor
- Pogo pins for the charging port
- Magnets (for remote and dock)
- M2.5 screws
What is NOT included in the kit?
- Raspberry Pi Zero W
- SD card. Class 10 recommended, with minium 2GB capacity.
- 2500mAh 3.7V LiPo battery that fits in the housing(47x61x7mm). We recommend using this from Adafruit.
- USB-C cable
- Charger capable of 3A @ 5V
Soldering and maker skills are needed to assemble the kit. We are working hard to put together a guide, so you can see what is required for the assembly. We are hoping to publish this next week before the campaign goes live.
When will I get it?
The manufacturers are ready. The campaign runs until the middle of January. It takes 2 weeks until I get the funds. At the end of January I’ll place the orders for the various parts. They should arrive to me by the beginning of April and then I’ll immediately start shipping out the kits. If everything goes to plan, you should get your kit in April or beginning of May depending on where you live.
Follow the forum and discord chat!
I will post on our Discord chat and here on the forum first, when the campaign is live. Make sure check back regularly in the next few days!
If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask it here!