I have been quiet, but working on a lot of stuff. Let’s start with the (not so) bad news.
I had some problems with the charger IC on one of the boards. It started acting weird and died. I experienced the same behaviour with the version 1 remote boards. Maybe it was my design or bad IC or bad production. Lot of things could have been. So I have redesigned the board using a different IC and sent it off to production. Approximately 2 weeks and the new boards will arrive and I’ll continue testing.
Otherwise the hardware components are ready.
Meanwhile waiting for the boards, I’ve been active with the software part. So what has been done (big thanks to @ChristianRiedl):
- created an entity system and a general entity for easy and fast entity handling
- created general entity for lights and blinds. These entities communicate on a higher level, so they can communicate with any integration. The integration handles the translation from high-level commands to the actual commands.
- integrations can be added in QML or C++. The C++ integrations are loaded dynamically from shared libraries.
- Home Assistant integration moved to C++ for improved performance
- openHAB integration first steps
- notification system implemented. Notification can be sent from both QML and C++ side.
- UI update with design refinements and new features, animations
- some code and logic cleanup
What’s next on my list in the coming 2 weeks:
- finishing up a mini media player and general media player entity
- add climate component
- add integration setup and handling to settings
- add a webserver to buildroot config (for future easy config via web interface)
- add bluetooth libraries to buildroot config (for future use and room detection)
- update the website with more info
- calculate the almost final price for the kit and do research how to do it
If you guys have any ideas, comments or suggestions to any of the above, please feel free to share it!
Home Assistant is a bit slow with updating the blinds, but you get the idea