Yio Remote Community

Update 2019.08.02

Hi guys,

Hope you all had a nice holiday, or taking some time off at least. I’ve been on and off the project and finally yesterday the new PCBs arrived with the new charger IC.

I’ve swapped out one board in one of the remotes and so far it works. The charging current is much more reasonable than the previous one. I do hope this version is gonna perform good with my tests.

For this new iteration, I have added two little features. Because of the new IC, now it’s possible to turn on/off the charging. This will come handy to create some logic to prevent battery ageing. Also the battery management chip now sends the updates via an interrupt, so no need to poll the device all the time.

There have been a lot of updates to the software part as well. You know if you are following the github repo or our chat.

I will keep testing the new board to make sure it works as it should. And when I assemble the next remote, I’ll document it so there’ll be a guide for you to see how it’s made.

I’m also looking at solutions how to get the kit to people who are interested in buying it.

Last, but not least, we have a to-do list now on the forum for ourselves as well as for you to see what we are working on and what is the process. If you have any ideas or would like to participate in the project, let us know! Any help is much appreciated.

Enjoy the weekend guys,
Marton

2 Likes

2 Likes

We have a new temporary site with a bit more info about the project:
https://www.yio-remote.com/

Check it out! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The site looks great and functions well - I like the creative touches. This will be a great place to point those interested in buying or contributing to the YIO remote.

1 Like

Thanks @TMToronto!

Hoping to update the site with more info in the near future.